Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Quck Update - Tues. Games

Hello. Just a quick update. First, I was called to the Infirmary last night to come and pick up Jordan who had a fever. He was still sick this morning so I took him to a walk in health clinic. The good news is that it is just a sinus infection and we have started the antibotics. The bad news is that he and I both missed this morning's early game at 8:30 which means I don't have any pics or commentary or scores to post for you. I do know that we lost the game. We were able to catch up with the team and some of the parents at the Baseball Hall of Fame just before lunch time. Everyone was still in good spirits and seemed to be enjoying the sights and sounds of downtown Cooperstown and the Baseball Hall of Fame. Hopefully, I can get some pics from Polly later today or tomorrow from that game.

As far as the 2nd game scheduled for today at 4:30. Right now, we are in a rain delay. I believe the delay started with the 11:00 games about 1/2 way done. This means that they will have to finish the 11:00 games then play the 1:45 games before the 4:30 games will begin. So, who knows when that game will get underway!! I can tell you that at the Opening Ceremonies they told us they were playing games last week into the wee hours of the morning (like 3:00 a.m.!!) to get all the innings of all the games in! So, for now we are simply on stand by. You can check the official website, Cooperstowndreamspark.com, to find out more details once the rain delay is over! I can also tell you that it is still presently raining where I am 5 miles from the Park at 3:00 p.m.! I also believe that the team we are scheduled to play, the Kentucky Buccaneers, is one of the teams who was in play at 11:00 that got delayed. As a result, this could also impact the start of our game! Thanks for stopping by and Go Grays!

No comments:

Post a Comment